Remotely access your LSI based Hardware RAID with MegaRAID Storage Manager.
This how-to requires a bit of experience because i won't explain everything in detail how to use programs like WinSCP.
- Proxmox VE 3.2 / 3.4 / 4.2
- Intel RMS25PB080
- Server running Proxmox VE 3.4
- MS Client Windows Computer
- Download MegaRAID Storage Manager for Linux 64bit 15.03.01.00.
- Download MegaRAID Storage Manager for Windows 15.03.01.00.
- Install the MegaRAID Storage manager on to your MS Windows
Computer. Install only the MegaRAID Storage Manager Client.
So don't choose complete installation during install.
- Transfer the downloaded 15.03.01.00_Linux-64_MSM.gz to
for example /home/mgm using WinSCP.
- Install Alien in order to convert rpm packages to deb packages.
type apt-get update
type apt-get install alien
- got to the directory where you transfered the 15.03.01.00_Linux-64_MSM.gz
type cd /home/mgm
- Unpack the tar.gz
type tar xzvf 15.03.01.00_Linux-64_MSM.gz
- change to directory disk
type cd /disk
- Convert the rpm packages to deb packages
type alien --scripts *.rpm
- Now we install the packages
type dpkg --install lib-utils2_1.00-8_all.deb
type dpkg --install megaraid-storage-manager_15.03.01-1_all.deb
- type nano /etc/init.d/vivaldiframeworkd
make sure the first line is: #!/bin/bash
- start the vivaldiframeworkd
type /etc/init.d/vivaldiframeworkd start
- Check with your windows computer if you can connect using the
MegaRAID storage Manager to the proxmox server.
Logging in can take awhile.
When you can connect and log in proceed to the next step.
- Now make vivaldiframeworkd also start during boot.
type update-rc.d vivaldiframeworkd defaults
It will give a error, but don't worry. It will still autostart on the next reboot.
- Configure monitoring still not working
Configure with the right e-mail information.
Configured this file but e-mails are not going out.
Maybe someone have some ideas on how to get it to work?
6) Final Words
As you can see you can access your raid configuration remotely.
Check your array's for health.
I was able perform configuring drives and rebuild an array.
Still not perfect because you can't set up monitoring.
Still searching a solution for that.